Many people are professional critics, self-centered, and see it their life’s mission to make as many people miserable as they can each day. Many churches, work places and other types of organizations have the same type of people – People who take pleasure at pushing someone down, instead of lifting them up.
Wow!! That may sounds like me or someone else you can readily think of, but before you think of someone else, think of yourself and ask:
How can I be a help instead of damaging others in the daily processes of doing working with people?
It is Person Centered … One person at a time.
FOCUS ON INDIVIDUALS INSTEAD OF THE CROWD
“Jesus was followed by a large crowd . . Two blind men shouted, “Lord and Son of David, have pity on us.” (Matthew 20:29-30) As long as we label people, we will never be able to help them. Often labels are used to tag people as “groups that do not matter.” One must never forget – everyone matters – Everyone.
While there is a constant focus upon on changing America, making more laws, regulations, controls to govern the problems of people, maybe we should have a foci of helping one person at a time.
LISTEN SINCERELY TO THE NEEDS OF OTHERS
“When Jesus heard them. . ” Matthew 20:32 If we do not care enough to listen, we do not care enough to help bring about change. Listening is hard work. It is amazing how much we can learn with out mouths shut and our ears open.
TAKE TIME TO BE PRESENT TO OTHERS
“He stopped” (Matthew 20:32). If we want to demonstrate genuine care and interest in people’s live and situations, it is going to take a commitment of our time. We cannot be too busy to help.
DETERMINE THE FELT NEED OF OTHERS
“Jesus asked, ‘What do want me to do for you?’ (Matthew 20:31) It is easier to talk about someone than it is to talk to someone. Do you know why they do what they do? Are they hurting, lonely, ill-equipped for the task at hand? We will never know without talking and listening.
EMPATHIZE WITH OTHERS
“Jesus felt compassion for them” (Matthew 20:34) Empathize means to hurt with them. Share their sorrow. In the expression of words of empathy, to “Feel their pain” expresses an identification with others and that we sense the suffering of another in a way that moves us. When we understand why, then perhaps we can begin to help bring about change by taking appropriate actions.
TOUCH OTHERS WHERE THE HURT AND NEED IS GREATEST
In Matthew 20:34 “Jesus touched their eyes.” What can we do to help meet the needs of others? What kind of help can we offer? What are we willing to invest in others?
Change begins with me. If I want my world where I live then a good place to start the change change is to look within and see how I can change and make life and the world a better place.
- Facebook Answers: Who’s Afraid of Hell? (eyes2cross.wordpress.com)
- The big three (ilifejourney.wordpress.com)
- Rev. James Martin, S.J.: Matthew 5:22: The Forgotten Gospel Passage on Name-Calling (huffingtonpost.com)
- Four Prescriptions for Community. (greatriversofhope.wordpress.com)
- Answers to the Problem of Pain: A Theodicy on Faith Part II (compassioninpolitics.wordpress.com)
- Don’t Tell Your Secrets to a Gossip (jesuscarriesme.wordpress.com)
- On Complaining & Criticizing (logicandimagination.wordpress.com)
- 15 reviews of Gossiping (rateitall.com)
- Filled with light (witchykitty1.wordpress.com)
- Genealogy of Jesus – “What Does It Mean That Jesus Is the Son of David ?” (lnger.wordpress.com)
- NOT to do the will of God (georgehach.wordpress.com)
- Transfiguration of Jesus (inspiremylife.wordpress.com)
- Getting Direction from God (and actually using it) (christinepechstein.wordpress.com)
- What do you want me to do for you? (talesofasojourner.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Youth UK: Awakening 2011 (andrewjamespennington.wordpress.com)
- God Commands, “Listen to My Son” (bibletweets.wordpress.com)
- You Don’t Count (jimkane.wordpress.com)
- Jesus’ transfiguration shows his ‘divine glory,’ Pope Benedict explains (catholicnewsagency.com)
- Heaven’s Shining Light (inspiremylife.wordpress.com)
- Did Jesus Have Sex with Mary Magdalene? (elephantjournal.com)
- The Question about David’s Son (tvaraj2inspirations.wordpress.com)
- May Jesus Look Upon him tonight…………… (mobilecrisis.org)
- Learn to See. Learn who to Follow. (johneruggles.wordpress.com)
- Chris Hancock Sermon on Proper 7B (David and Goliath / David and Jesus) (thewordonthehill.wordpress.com)
- “The Master and the Mission” in Matthew-76 (dansardinas.typepad.com)
- What did Jesus mean when He said the first will be last and the last will be first? (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- The Trap of Speaking Freely (wordsofsiredward.wordpress.com)
- “The Christ is the Son of David” (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)
- Third Temptation of Jesus (catholicmysticwind.wordpress.com)